Sunday, October 30, 2011

Checking accounts

Let's discuss checking accounts, shall we? I do not keep a register. I know this is not a good thing, so no lectures on this. I do not keep one, because every time I attempt to do this, I lose it anyway, so it's a moot point.

Anyway, I tend to keep my checks and balances in order by monitoring my account online. On a normal month, I write 2 to 3 checks, tops so this is not difficult for me to keep balances this way. It works for me, so I continue to do it. Once in a while this may go up by 1 check. My biggest pet peeve about checks is those who hold on to them for like a month before depositing them. Schools are absolutely the worst about this, BUT, in this particular instance it has been 3 weeks, and the non-school party I wrote this check has still not deposited it.

I get filled with this initial glee thinking I actually got some form of child support deposited (wishful thinking, yes, I know) by the state, but when I click the link to view transactions, I see it is only because said check still has not cleared.

Believe it or not, there are still businesses out there that do not take credit card, or I would completely stop writing checks all together for this very reason. Yes, yes I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment